Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'


    Walking up the road...

    Share
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 pm

    is a short human wearing a chainmail shirt, mail and plate gauntlets, burgundy pants and an order of the Rose tabard. On his left arm is a round shield, on his belt is a longsword and a warhammer and strapped to his back is a bed roll and a greatsword.

    He eyes the new people outside the building warily and then nods to the newcomers before saying "Cassette, report. I want to know what happened during the gather in my absence."

    OOP: I work at nights now so if it takes me a while to respond I apologize but I will get it in.
    avatar
    Luc Untertablet

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2011-09-18
    Age : 29
    Location : In front of the Healers

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Luc Untertablet on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:51 pm

    (No biggie, bro. Real life forever gets in the way, and the world knows it.)

    Luc tenses at the arrival of the newcomers, but relaxes when he recognizes Gabriel and the Knight's heraldry. He leans against the building, his hands no longer near his weapons, and merely observes the ensuing situation.
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    At the flurry of new visitors

    Post  Cassette on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 pm

    Cassette looks from person to person. She turns to Gabriel, smiling and waving. "Oh hello, Gabriel-I'll be with you in just a moment, let me speak with Karn first-Karn!"

    She pauses, and hugs him tightly, before opening the door for him, and smiling. "Of course, I'd be willing to give you an update." She sighed a bit, and glanced at Luc, giving him a meaningful look before looking back to Karn.

    "There's much to update you on."

    She looked back towards the tavern, a little bit of a tired look on her face. "I don't have time to wait for Alphonse. When he gets here, he gets here."

    peachmarine87

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2010-09-04
    Age : 31
    Location : columbia sc

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  peachmarine87 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:32 pm

    Seeing the humans walk to the healers guild (Are both Gabriel and Karn are humans?) Jayden tenses up a little, and grips his sword a little tighter. But once Cassette starts talking, he loosens the grip, but still has total control of his weapons. Once Cassette and the human with the shield and hammer begin talking Jayden zones out and begins looking around him for anyone else trying to approach.

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:47 pm

    Morganus Bronzehammer strolls out of the tavern, looking around quickly in the waning light and walks over toward the Healers Guild. (for those that dont know...) Morgan is a 4' tall Dwarf with a long brown beard that reaches down almost to his belt. He wears a well crafted chain mail suit underneath his red tunic and bracers. His heavy leather boots clomp on the road and his mace swings lightly at his side. As he approaches the ward he hollers out "Oy! Luc, Cass, lemme in fer a spell, I need ter talk ter ye"

    (Repost to ease confusion)
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:50 pm

    She turned to the sound of Morgan's voice, her smile returning at the appearance of the lively dwarf. She noticed Jayden's slight hesitation as well, her smile softening a bit, as she reached in her pouch, grabbed her tiny red spell book (about 3/4 inches width wise, and 5 inches long), and tossed it at Morgan.

    "Everyone, calm yourselves, please. Morgan, I do have to update Karn here a moment, as to the events of last gather. He is one of our knight protectors, after all. Read that some more, if you will." She glances at Luc, and looks back to Karn. "I must mention that to you as well, Karn. We have many who wants to be healers, and many who wish to join the guild, as you can see.." She giggled a bit, beaming with pride.

    "And Jayden, we would be very glad to have you join our guild." She nodded to him, with the sincerest of smiles.


    Last edited by Cassette on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm

    The book hits him in the chest unexpectedly "OOF. Jeez Cassie, ye oughta warn a man befer ye chuck a projectile a'im... coulda killed m-" He stops as he opens it up and sees some spells, instantly engrossed in the book he takes a seat literally where he was standing and starts leafing through it. Sporadic muttering can be heard similar to "No kiddin'..." or "Aaaaaah so THA'S how tha' works...."

    peachmarine87

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2010-09-04
    Age : 31
    Location : columbia sc

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  peachmarine87 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:32 pm

    "Well I see that there are many now that need your attention more than I do. If you would excuse me, I saw a few other people from this place pass by here not too long ago. I would like to speak with them."

    With that Jayden turns away from the healers guild and walks up to the armory, keeping to the shadows most of the way.
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 am

    Noticing Cassette's apparent ease around the newcomers Sir Karn says "I apologize, where are my manners? Gentlemen, if you would like to come inside you may, I'm sure that a spare bunk or bench are more comfortable than the ground." Sir Karn then turns to Cassette and says "THE knight protector, the position is only available to one. New members and new healers to train you say? This is good, we have a lot of spare bunks to fill." Then speaking to those around, "To those of you who don't know me, I am Sir Karn, a knight of the Rose and the Knight Protector of the Shadowmoor Healers' Guild."

    Sir Karn then cycles the wards to allow anyone who wants inside to come in and then removes his weapons, bedroll, and gauntlets and places them in a side room on one of the bunks.
    avatar
    Luc Untertablet

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2011-09-18
    Age : 29
    Location : In front of the Healers

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Luc Untertablet on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 am

    At some point during the slight confusion and conversations, Luc slipped away from the Guild and is currently nowhere in sight.

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:28 am

    Morgan walks into the common room and continues studying his book. He does this for a good while before sneaking out toward the tavern for a much needed drink.
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:56 pm

    "Hmm...everyone leaves when I show up, I'm not that scary looking am I?"
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:42 pm

    Cassette notices them leave, letting out a burst of laughing at Karn's reaction. "You're terrifying, Karn! But no, I've been working the dwarf, Morgan, to the bone. Been shoving his nose into my spell book, and making him train. he wishes to be a healer, and I think some smithing skills from The Armory. We have quite a few wishing to join our guild." She beams proudly, and takes her weapons from her belt, laying them on a spare bed.

    "We have young Gabriel," she motions to the man outside, "as well as Jayden, who you saw head to The Armory, as well as Morgan, who escaped, no doubt for a drink."
    She smiles and runs a hand through her hair contemplatively. "Not to mention, we'll have Amethyst, and I hear Zedd may be attending next gather, but this I cannot confirm. Alphonse will not be here, I don't think, and he is supposedly on his way right now. I have yet to see him, so I don't really care." She huffs a bit, looking obviously a little less content than before.

    Thomas/Gabriel

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2011-09-21
    Age : 29
    Location : Newport News, VA

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Thomas/Gabriel on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:50 pm

    Gabriel passes through the ward, nodding graciously to Sir Karn. Then turning his attention to his reasoning for being here,
    "Ever the popular Cassette. I never fail to see you in small company. Sir Karn, Lady Cassette, please pardon me for adding to the confusion. I came to inquire upon joining the Healer's Guild. More to the point, to better hone my own abilities."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:47 pm

    She nods. "Gabriel has been proving himself very useful, picking up the healing where I could not, and bringing bodies during the most trying times. I've been one of, if not the only healer in many situations lately, Karn. And I'm hoping that we can get more as soon as they're experienced enough to specialize. I'm training them as fast as I can." She looked a bit serious, hands on her hips, letting out a sigh, she smiles briefly at Gabriel.

    "Trust me, I wasn't always this popular. When I started out, I think I was a little less powerful than you. I had barely lifted a hand to heal in my life. I was terrified to speak to anyone in this town, and I had never seen combat. But," She paused, closing her eyes a moment, "That is a story for another day."
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:30 pm

    Sir Karn nods and then says "Maybe my order can help out with training some of these new healers..." He then turns to Gabriel "So..um...Gabriel, what abilities do you wish to hone?"
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 pm

    She smiles, "Well alright, if you think that's best. I have a handful of generalists, and a few fighters that want to pick up a minor spell column. I figured I would teach them when the time was right, with the assistance of Alphonse..." She said, with a bit of question in her tone.

    Thomas/Gabriel

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2011-09-21
    Age : 29
    Location : Newport News, VA

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Thomas/Gabriel on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:51 pm

    With a coy smile on his lips, "My concerns were more with how capable you are at present, Lady Cassette. Perhaps at another date, I would gladly listen to your stories."

    Gabriel turned to face Sir Karn, and dropped to one knee in a gesture of respect and admiration.
    "I seek to further my healing arts, that I may aid companions in battle and tend to the sick more capably than at present. I believe that joining the Healer's Guild, or at least associating myself with them, will aid me in that endeavor. Though I do recognize the capabilities of Knights such as yourself, and would gladly welcome any assistance as well as offer it."
    avatar
    Alphonse

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2010-03-10
    Age : 27
    Location : Lenoir, NC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Alphonse on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:09 pm

    Alphonse approaches the ward, a black shawl still over his face as he moves to the front of the guild. He says nothing, a book in his right hand as he takes his spear and taps the outer ward, gazing in through the doorway.
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:40 pm

    Cassette turns at the slight tapping, taking a step towards the door, pausing, and recognizing the figure. With a tiny exhale of relief, she cycles the wards for Alphonse, speaking up weakly, a polite smile on her face.

    "Come on in, Alphonse." She looks a little confused, studying the black covering over his face. "Certainly glad the proscribe against Sampan wore off after the gather.."
    avatar
    Alphonse

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2010-03-10
    Age : 27
    Location : Lenoir, NC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Alphonse on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 pm

    He bows his head in greeting, and walks inside. He opens his book presenting it to her. The page it was on read:

    "I've taken a vow of silence for a moon. I need to remember my birthright. I've forsaken my race, my town, and most of all, myself. I didn't live up to what I needed to be and I let it get the best of me."

    He turned it back around after she finished reading scrawling on the page turning it around again to her.

    "My lack of voice does not prevent me from teaching the way of the Healer if you need my assistance."

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:53 pm

    As if on cue, Morgan again strolls up to the ward, smelling slightly of ale. He attempts to sneak in, then realizes that the ward is up and sighs. He lets out a cough "Erm... It be Morgan again. Don' suppose ya coul' lemme in."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:16 pm

    She sighs, and reads his words, pausing before she speaks at the sound of Morgan outside. She cycles the wards for him, hands on her hips.

    "Well, well, well... maybe instead of sneaking away to drink, you can stay here and learn something." She beckons him inside, and raises a brow, laughing. "I trust you have my spellbook? I don't want anything to happen to it-I tend to forget some of my verbals, and I need to study a bit myself before the Long Night."

    She then looks back to Alphonse. "I'm glad to see you're... on the path to bettering yourself?" She smiles a bit. "Not sure what to say to that, but I appreciate it, Alphonse. Currently, we have Morgan here and Gabriel wishing to learn the ways of healing. For now, I'll take them under my wing til next gather, when they'll be put to the test out on the battlefield, running with me. But Alphonse, aren't you heading to Docksides, to assist Kalei at the orphanage?"

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 pm

    Morgan grins and steps inside quickly "Eh, ya know abou' us Dwarves darlin'. Go''a keep up tha' alchohal content 'er else we go inter cardiac arrest. Physiological fact. An' I go' it with me. Been studyin' e'ery spell in 'ere. Some good shit." He notices Alphonse and gives him a simple nod. Alphonse would take more meaning from it than others.

    "Alrigh' there ears? Don' ya worry abou' Cassie 'ere. I'll keep them nasties off 'er durin' All 'Allows."
    avatar
    Alphonse

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2010-03-10
    Age : 27
    Location : Lenoir, NC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Alphonse on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 pm

    Alphonse bows his head to Morgan then begins to scrawl in his book once more. He turns it to Cassette nodding a bit.

    Written:

    "I will be doing so, but I decided to head here to pick up my things now that the proscribe has went away."

    He then turned the book to Morgan, pointing to text written below it:

    "I should hope you will take care of her. If I return and have any bad news, I will regret to inform you that I may need to paralyze you in the middle of town and let the geebas have fun with you."

    He smiled a bit to show his joking then turned back to Cassette gazing at her. He looked down writing yet again taking a bit longer this time, then turning the book back to her, the text read:

    "There may be a chance that what I said to you may not be true. I may indeed return for the coming darkness of All Hallows. It all depends on how the winds blow, but know that my services are still available between gathers, and that if anything is needed, I shall send the spell focus to the healer's guild, but I'd rather keep it handy on me to ensure the Orphanage is taken care of, as well as the curious ship that is in harbor."

    Sponsored content

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:56 am