Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'


    Walking up the road...

    Share
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28 am

    Snapping out of his daze, Sir Karn reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small package and tosses it to Desala (the life watcher operating the wards) and says "I thought you and Zeke might like some sugar cookies."

    He then turns to the others in the room "Proscribe versus Sampan? Alphonse, why are you dressed like your going to a funeral? And why are you showing off your book? Okay okay, what happened over this past gather?"

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:31 am

    Morgan grins "Ye try it Ears. I'll be surgically insertin' me boot in yer arse. D'ye wan' someone ter go wit ye ter get yer stuff? Im free righ' now..." He chuckles.
    avatar
    Alphonse

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2010-03-10
    Age : 27
    Location : Lenoir, NC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Alphonse on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 am

    Alphonse grins at Morgan then turns to Cassette, gesturing to Karn as if to say, 'Please inform him.'

    He turned and moved to his room, the sounds of packing and clinking of vials heard, along with various thuds. Finally, Alphonse exits, placing his pack down and returning to the room exiting this time with the chest that he carries.
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:49 am

    She blushes a bit at his written words, and before she can move to assist, he had already gotten his things together. She stood quiet a moment, listening to the banter between them, before watching Alphonse leave.

    "Well, Karn... we had some dissension in the guild again, only this time, it was centered around Alphonse. To shorten this story to a length that will not put you to sleep-" she paused, and took a deep breath.

    "Friday night the King of Akidai was in town, and the heads of town met to speak of peace. I had no idea Ravyn was even here, for she came with a note from Orianna stating she was in charge for the gather. I sat down, and spoke on behalf of the Healer's Guild. I followed my code by not making any deals with the king-I followed along with town, specifically the Druid's Grove, and made my deal of peace with one of the counselor's that was previously the leader of the Ludus (sp?), and was not undead or necromantic in any way." She sighed, and continued.

    "Alphonse didn't agree with my decision, and we fought over the healer's code, saying that I shouldn't have tolerated his presence, meanwhile Ravyn agreed with me and said 'undead or not, you don't disrespect a king.' Alphonse and I fought, I had no weapons in hand, as we argued. He slept me, and put me in the circle, set it, and said 'Let her sleep.' That was the first night. Ravyn was not pleased and neither was I."

    She looked down, twiddling her thumbs a bit. "The second night, after he had apologized to the guildmistress and I earlier that day... when everyone in town went to go fight Alphonse wasn't present. I was looking for Ravyn afterwards to discuss this with her, after Alphonse had already lost ward control as punishment. When I wanted to head to the HG to see if she was here, most of the Grove volunteered to escort me." She looks as if she's having trouble with her words, as she gulps, and holds a hand to her chest, trying to even her breathing.

    "I believe it was orcs following us, as I let everyone on the porch for safety, knowing we would have to go out and fight. I asked if everyone would get ready, so I could lower the ward, and heal if needed. As I was about to lower the ward, sending out six or seven people out against about four or five monsters, Alphonse steps up to the door, getting up form the circle. I heard him say 'We're not supposed to have people on our porch, outer ward down,' but all everyone else heard, because his voice was so low, was 'outer ward down.' People dropped, but no life force was wasted so..... yes. Ravyn told DeSala and Zeke, he has permanent loss of ward control, until further notice." She nodded solemnly. "It's for the best. Not many are happy with his behavior...unhappy enough to kill him and proscribe a porch against him." She down a moment, quiet, and awaiting Karn's reaction.

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:03 am

    Morgan shifts uncomfortably in his chair, not intended to give off the vibe that he doesnt agree with the situation yet it could be interpreted that way. He cracks his neck in his chair as he listens to the conversation.
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 am

    Sir Karn nods, listening to Cassette. After she finishes talking he says

    "So he made a mistake and paid for it. Who cast formal on my building without my permission, and who was it that took it upon themselves to punish one of my charges without notifying me first? And about the king, I agree with you and Ravyn, it is never good to disrespect a king regardless of who they are, however, I would have politely removed myself from the room before I attacked him; king or not, he's still undead. But that's just a knight's perspective."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:42 pm

    She shakes her head. "If I knew, I would tell you. Also, when we asked him why he wasn't present for the field battle, we found out it was because he died just before it. I'm not sure who did that either."

    She shrugged and glanced over her shoulder, at the doorway. "Other than our guild drama, we had some cultists around, nothing major. And a decent amount of people wishing to join the guild, and specialize, or just be shields for us healers in battle, and hopefully contribute to the guild funds. I'm just preparing for All Hallows, personally, and thinking of how to train the new healers we'll have in a few gathers." She looked back to Karn, clasping her hands in front of her, smiling a bit.
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:19 pm

    "Hmm...so someone is killing Healers Guild members and casting formal on the building. I'm starting to think this town is turning against us. We might just end up needing these new guild members."

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:39 pm

    Morgan scoffs "Ye'd thin' they'd be smar' enough ter realize pissin' off tha' main 'ealers in town migh' be a bit'o a bad idea..."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:22 am

    Cassette shrugs a bit, and rolls her eyes. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone we knew playing a prank. he pissed off everyone in town last gather, it seemed." She sighed, and unconsciously reached up, playing with the curled ends of her auburn hair. "But either way, I wouldn't fret too much. It'll all blow over. it usually does. Besides, if they wanna piss us off, they'll just... not be getting free heals as much. I'm tempted to start charging in certain situations anyway. Our funds are pitiful..."

    She looks down, removing her fingers from her hair. "It's really bad... since we need money to put components and whatnot."

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:34 am

    Morgan shrugs "Maybe ye oughta try an' organize a charity thin'. A fightin' tournamen' with li'e a 2 gol' buy in 'er somethin'. All procedes ter tha' guild. Or even a member auction" Morgan grins. "wha' lady wouldn' pay big gold fer this?" He chuckles loudly
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:46 pm

    "Yeah, we need the extra funds and we might have to take em any way we can get em. Okay, onto my next question; were there any good rumors going around here in town last gather? There's always something funny like orcs are starting a talent show or something like it."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:41 am

    Cassette shakes her head at Karn, trying not to laugh at Morgan's idea as well.

    "No, Karn-if there were any good rumors, I surely didn't hear of them. Nothing but speculation on the Star King, and cultists, as well as a whisper here and there about luck children, maybe. And Member auction? That's like saying you can have me for a night, just pay 20 gold. Sounds like a healer brothel, which I'd rather not get roped into. However, I've considered charging if someone wishes me to come along with them on a mission. Or at least impress upon them that I need to be paid to keep people alive-I use my money on potions, scrolls, and components for rituals to save town, potions to pour down throats when my healing has been exasperated, and scrolls to kill stuff when nobody has spells left, or my celestial caster friends need one." She pauses, and shrugs. "It's up to them if they pay, since I'm good on funds for now. But, the money issue is something that will take more than a day to fix. I'll wrack my brain a bit later. For now, if you gentlemen will excuse me a moment?"

    Cassette bowed her head slightly, and grabbed her weapons from the bed she had placed them on, sliding them into her belt, and cycling the wards (outer up, inner down) to step out onto the porch, (then inner up, outer down) as she smiled warmly at the hooded figure.

    (going to post in other thread for the moment. http://shadowmoorhg.forumotion.net/t120-from-the-armory)

    Thomas/Gabriel

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2011-09-21
    Age : 29
    Location : Newport News, VA

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Thomas/Gabriel on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 pm

    Gabriel, still in the room contemplating recent events while resting on a nearby chair, perks up at the mention of Guild Funds.

    "Correct me if at any moment I have misunderstood, but is it not the duty of the Healer's Guild to aid the sick and afflicted? In addition to such, is it not the Healer's Guild which has saved the neck of several a townsperson, and even that of the Grove and distant travelers? While it is true that not all with the talent and finesse for the preservation of life are a part of the Healer's Guild, the majority are or intend to be. As a humble guild aiding those of need without recompense, I can't imagine any would be offended if you so humbly asked for donations."

    Gabriel paused for a moment, looking upon Karn intently.
    "On the other hand, you could always search their bodies before offering aid."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:00 pm

    You hear voice speak up a bit from outside, shouting in the direction of the door, "I was going to suggest that as well, considering I know a healer that does that. I may begin doing that as well in the near future. Underhanded as it may seem, we must do what we must do."
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

    Sir Karn's voice takes a bit more of a serious tone and he says "As shorthanded on funds as we may be, I will not allow you to steal from townspeople, and if I find out that any member of the HG has been doing so they will answer to me. We run an honest service for this town, and I will see to it that we keep it that way. Also I will not allow us to charge for healing, I don't want the poor to go without a necessary service."
    avatar
    Cassette

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 25
    Location : The Healer's Guild, most likely

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Cassette on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 pm

    She frowns a bit, gasping quietly, and peeking her head into the door. "No, no, no- I didn't mean it as such, Karn! I always heal, funds or not, but I know some people who treat us like we are expected to heal. That take us for granted. I simply was throwing suggestions out there, not saying we would start doing them, or if we had to."

    She leaned with her back against the building, right beside the door, exhaling softly. "I really don't wish to give us a dishonest image."

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Morgan Bronzehammer (Gene on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm

    "Then instead'o resortin' ter tha' le's see if we cannae figure ou' a way ter raise money. An' by mem'er auction I dinnae mean in a sexual way. Maybe we coul' offer battlefield services 'er somethin'. Hell it coul' jus' be fer tha' hell of it. But tha' poin' is tha' people'll know tha' its ter support tha' guild. Rich people li'e Chan'ella an' maybe tha' SMG woul' pay. Ye ne'er know." Morgan shrugs. "Jus' tryin' ter help out."

    Thomas/Gabriel

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2011-09-21
    Age : 29
    Location : Newport News, VA

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Thomas/Gabriel on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 am

    "Sir Karn, to my knowledge none have as yet doubted the honesty and sincerity in the Healer's Guild. Perhaps one or two individuals affiliated with," Gabriel took a moment to pause, looking towards the ground in a moment of contemplation, "But they were held accountable for their actions, and the Healer's Guild took no blame in any form. With that said, there is no intention to tarnish the reputation so well deserved and earned. However, the need for funds is ever present, and the humility to ask for aid is one I admit I am without."

    Gabriel directed his gaze to Sir Karn, with an almost furious glint in his eyes. "My intentions are clear. I seek to aid the Healer's Guild. I seek to honor the Healer's Guild. I will learn more about the Healer's Guild, and the guidelines thereof. I want to join the Healer's Guild."

    (OOP: Note for those standing outside, Gabriel is being loud enough in the second paragraph that you would/should be able to hear what he is saying. Hooray for weird set-ups!)
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 am

    "Good, good. Please understand, I do want you in this guild. But if you are indeed accepted into the guild you will have to live by my rules, as the knight protector of the healers' guild my word is second only to the actual guild leader; I even overrule an acting guild leader. And also understand this, if you are a member of this guild I will fight for you, back you up in a tough situation, come to your rescue, or whatever unless you do something really stupid. We have a saying here 'stupid hurts.' I'm not above disciplining the troops around here. And also, I'm a very easy person to get along with. Heck, you would think a knight would be serious 24/7 but I'm not, I joke around a lot, I've even been known to play a practical joke or two as long as it won't hurt anyone."

    Thomas/Gabriel

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2011-09-21
    Age : 29
    Location : Newport News, VA

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Thomas/Gabriel on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

    Bowing his head down to Sir Karn, expressing his understanding and agreement, "I must learn the rules to live by them, and I intend to learn and abide the rules. Perhaps I shall accompany you more often, that I may learn from you. If nothing else, I am in need of a sense of humor. I am often too serious."

    Gabriel stood up out of the chair he grew quite comfy in to head towards the door.
    "I appreciate the time you've given me, but there are other matters I need attend to. Unless any have need of me for a moment longer, I shall be off."

    (OOP Note: For clarification, Gabriel is still present. I'm allowing time for any to respond. Also, he would need someone to drop the wards before he can leave.)
    avatar
    Karn

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2009-04-25
    Age : 35
    Location : Greenville, SC

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Karn on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:28 pm

    "Okay, stay safe." Sir Karn then cycles the wards to allow Gabriel out.

    Thomas/Gabriel

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2011-09-21
    Age : 29
    Location : Newport News, VA

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Thomas/Gabriel on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 am

    With a nod of recognition Gabriel steps out through the wards and heads off in the direction of the tavern.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Walking up the road...

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 am