Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'

Walking up slowly to the porch...

Rowan

Walking up slowly to the porch...

Post  Rowan on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:30 pm

A loosely garbed Sylvani in earth tones grips his clothes closely about him nearly shivering from the cold. His strands of leaf-intertwined hair sway as his limbs impact the earth in slow careful step. Making his way to the porch the sunlight does little to relieve his discomfort.

Muttering under his breath, Rowan speaks to himself, "I knew I should have stayed rooted a few more weeks."

Speaking to the inhabitants, "A frigid day's greeting to you, is anyone inside?"

Ava

Re: Walking up slowly to the porch...

Post  Ava on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Glancing out the door, the dark-haired elf replies, "Rowan, hi! Come on in so you can at least get out of the wind..." She lowers the wards as appropriate, letting the sylvani in out of the cold. "Looks like you could use some warmer clothes," she comments. "Particularly with your aversion to how we meat-people keep warm..."
    Kalei
    Admin

Post  Kalei on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Kalei looks to Rowan. "Oh, it is cold. Please, do come in out of the wind."

Rowan

Post  Rowan on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 pm

"Thank you, kind ones... it is not all the time that my kind is greeted with such warmth", Rowan enters the guild house with a slight nod to the guardian.

"Elder Kalei and Moss, it is enough to warm my heart at your sight. Even a stiff frigid wind cannot rattle the pleasing presence of friends from my leaves."

Rowan tilts his head curious as to how exactly these meat-people keep warm but remains in silence on the subject.

"May the land bless this house and all who dwell within," Rowan adds in consecration to the guild house.
    Kalei
    Admin

Post  Kalei on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Kalei nods in sympathy. "Its an unkind time of year for all. One day the sun is warm, the next day winter peeks back in. However, it is good to see you." The smile grows on the sylvan's face at Rowan's curious look, then she nods. "And blessings upon you as well".

Ava

Post  Ava on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Noting Rowan's confusion, Moss chuckles a bit. "I meant fire...considering your reaction to both the tavern's hearth and a certain impertinent ratling, I suspect you'd be less than eager to sit near enough to one to keep warm. Thank you for the blessing...are you doing well aside from the weather?"

Rowan

Post  Rowan on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Rowan shudders at the thought of a fire and glances to the hearth to see if one is present.

"I am well, I called to see if you needed anything including company."
    Kalei
    Admin

Post  Kalei on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:29 pm

"Company is good. And layers are good too for keeping warm too."

With that, Kalei grins and gets up to walk to her room. Minutes later the healer returns with several blankets. She hands two to Rowan and sits down again to cuddle into the two blankets she kept.

Rowan

Post  Rowan on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:43 pm

"You are like the dawn, Elder Kalei," Rowan responds with heartfelt thanks as he accepts the blankets and places them around himself.

"I think in gratitude perhaps you would like to hear a story of my people?"
    Kalei
    Admin

Post  Kalei on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 pm

"Yes, please. I would love to hear a story about your people."

Rowan

Post  Rowan on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:31 pm

"Well, perhaps a story of my past that I think you may find amusing..."

"When I was younger I very much enjoyed simply watching the countryside and the forest. It can be quite peaceful meditating and immersing yourself in the land and listening to it and..."

"Ah, I digress... my people can remain quite unseen if we wish it and I witnessed something quite odd to my people. Though they did not see me, mistaking me for a cousin tree, a band of orcs stomped their way angrily through the underbrush. In a clearing not too far off they were met with swift aggression by some local savage humans. The numerous grunts and snarls reminded me of a animals meeting in a wood. The two managed to litter the leaves and trees of the forest with blood and nearly destroy one another before they parted in what seemed to be a squabble over territory like two bears fighting over a valley. It is quite interesting how they placed value on this place or another as if they actually own it. Surely they understand that they belong to the land and not the other way around?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:55 am