Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'

Meemar wanders up

Meemar

Meemar wanders up

Post  Meemar on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:20 pm

and cycles through the wards. After dropping off some items in his room, he grabs a drink and plops into the nearest chair.

Oneiric

Re: Meemar wanders up

Post  Oneiric on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:52 am

"Good day, Meemar. I don't suppose you are in the mood for story telling?"

Meemar

Post  Meemar on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:32 pm

"I'm ALWAYS in the mood for storytelling. What's up?"

Oneiric

Post  Oneiric on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 pm

"Well, I guess I have an interesting story to tell, but it's only interesting, if that, and not so important."

"I was hoping that you could tell some stories of things that happened this last gather, starting with your quest with the dryad."

Meemar

Post  Meemar on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 am

"Sure. But you have to share your story as well. That's how this works. I've been around here long enough to know. Some stories may not seem so important, but they're all like puzzle pieces; the more you have, the more likely you'll end up with a complete picture. Sometimes you end up with pieces from different puzzles, but hey...."

Oneiric

Post  Oneiric on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 pm

"Well, then, let's see what you make of this story...."

"One of the tavern ladies, Chandella, aquired a magical map of some type. She either knew or expected that it could take people to the area show on the map, and so she hired a group of town's folk to explore it with her. I believe there were eleven of us total, including Napkin, Ash, and Vun. As a minor complication, the view shown on the map kept moving and changing as we watched it. Anyway, we gathered, all touched her as she recited some activation phrase she'd been given. We were all teleported to what appears to be a seriously destroyed area. No signs of civilization, either. Just destroyed wilderness. The only beings we saw there appeared to be elementals, who were fighting each other. Shortly, another being appeared, and ordered the others to stop fighting, before disappearing. I think it told us we didn't belong there before it disappeared. Chandella pulled out the map, and without activating it, we were all teleported again. The second place was similar to the first, but in slightly better shape. There were signs of plants recovering, and so there were suggestions in the group that we'd gone back in time. Again, there were elementals fighting, but this time there were fewer types. One of them was quite winning; he reminded me of Storm, so I assumed it was another member of the same race. Later, it turned out it was indeed Storm, in the distant past. Again, the same being appeared and ordered a stop to fighting, before disappearing. Oh, both times, we found gems on the ground were the being had been, after it left. Anyway, so Chandella pulled out the map again. We watched it for a while, shifting and changing, and then she said the activation phrase again. All but one of the group was touching her or somebody else touching her, and we teleported back to the Tavern in the present time."

"Now, the part that I'm much more concerned with for the here and now. Back in the Tavern, I hadn't even taken a step away from the group when combat erupted around me. The grove members of the group dropped Ash and Rune. Before they'd gotten a chance to do anything more, somebody noticed we were missing a person, the grove member with the red patterns on his face. So, the grove members took Ash and Rune outside to question them, while I tried to get people to try and go back and get the missing group member. It ended up with Me, Napkin, and Chandella planning on trying to go back. But, when I went out to tell Vun, since he'd been the organizer for the trip, the missing person showed up! I asked him how he'd gotten back, and he said he'd just waited. He said he'd been with Storm, apparently waiting for the day he left to come around, so he could rejoin civilization. Back in the tavern, when Chandella checked the map again, it stopped changing, showing just a fixed image. She thinks it will wake up again, since it apparently shook before to indicate it was ready."

Meemar

Post  Meemar on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 am

"Hmmmmmm....okay.....
    "Weird map. I don't understand that, or the 'waiting' bit. Storm must be some sort of temporal being. That may come in handy at some point....

"The guy with red markings is from Everhate. His race is Gizhat. The markings change, apparently. I had one as a High Warden....

"I think I know what's going on with Ashe and Rune, but I want to see if I can find out for sure. It may be 'Grove business,' but I'm 'Grove.' Technically.

"Okay. I can't remember the dryad's name - Somnus should, though. She takes care of four groves; each one mirrors a pure version of a season: spring, summer, winter, and fall. She came to us - well, to the Grove here - to help her. There is something wrong, some sickness or taint or something attacking these groves. If you look at her, you can see that she is affected as well; her tree is affected.

"We were going to the first grove, which turned out to be the spring grove, this past gather. It is some distance away, so the easiest and fastest way there is to Grove walk. This is a quick way for invested members to pop from their Grove to another by way of the deep Grove.

"We popped over to the spring grove to find everything sickly, and a black ooze covering a pond in the middle. We decided to try a formal Cleanse on the pond, so Somnus started on that. Since we didn't have enough circles with us, we would have to watch over him while he completed the ritual.

"As graceful as I am, I managed to step in the oozy pond almost right off the bat. As time went on, others tripped in while we were attacked by various emaciated animals, a poo flinging monkey, and a rhino.

"Others were soiled when the ooze itself came up off the pond and began attacking people. Finally, Somnus got slimed when he had to touch the ooze at the end of the ritual.

"That took care of the sickness in the grove. The plants and the animals returned to their normal forms. We, however, did not. Turns out we were necro-tainted.

"Firstly, this made Grove walking interesting. Groves as a rule don't like anything necro in them, unless it's there to be destroyed. I've seen people literally nailed into the ground by ents for having hidden necro attunements.

"We popped into our Grove, and vines came down to form a man who said, "You have 30 seconds to get out of here. I'm thinking that those within the Grove knew what we were doing and knew something of what had happened, otherwise we wouldn't have been heard from again.

"Now, this necro taint, I'm kinda puzzled. Somnus, being bright fae, should've flat out exploded or something. Me, being invested into this circle, shouldn't have been able to be tainted. We know that something may be hinky with the circle since that jackass stepped in there with that piece of the star king, so that could explain me. But Somnus? Was it that powerful a taint? And if so, why did a normal Remove Taint take care of it?

"So anyway, there are three more groves that need to be addressed to help the dryad. I'm guess we won't finish till the last gather of the year.

"Any questions?"

Alexander

Post  Alexander on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Looking up from the corner, "Ahh, so that was what happened after the ritual began on that grove. I didn't know anyone was tainted til I popped out of the tree and by then, Kalei and Emerald were helping round up Arguil and Tink with the new fairy when they woke up marked by vengence..not to mention all of you coming back into town. After the vengence marked attacked Kalei and Emerald, a few others and myself took them down while Kalei and Emerald were healed. Luckily the resurection process removed the vengence mark from both of them.

Also the old battle healers stepped into a quite large puddle of crap when we failed to find some sort of map and now those of the old battle healers are marked by fate to stop the star king at most, or to find a map to go after the star king in the least. Either way, Rax knows more of it than I, and he thinks its big...and I have learned to follow Rax's advice.

The biggest thing on my mind though, is have the rangers tracked down Emerald's location yet. If you didn't know, she was taken by the priory last gather when they attacked in mass before they tried to make an example of Vun. They tried for several other mercy marked, but luckily Karn, a few others, and myself were on our toes. Emerald was taken when they crunched in the right flank beside the AG building and drug her off."

Oneiric

Post  Oneiric on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Addressing Meemar, "I don't think Storm is a temporal being, just very longed lived. And I'm guessing Gizhat are as well?"

"Hmmmm. So it was necro-taint. Scary. And, besides getting past your and Somnus's defenses, it had to corrupt the groves, which I'd hope had some resistance to necromancy themselves."

Oneiric

Post  Oneiric on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Addressing Alexander, "And your stories are rather distressing as well. I'd heard that Emerald was taken, right at the end of the last gather, and I worry that it may be too late. They may have only needed one Mercy marked for whatever they were planning. Do you know how Arguil and Tink became vengence marked? Was the Priory here earlier, and we didn't know it?"

Oneiric thinks silently for a bit. "I don't actually know much about the Star King, although I've heard the name a lot."

Meemar

Post  Meemar on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 am

"I don't know how long-lived ghizhat are. I think maybe time ran differently there or something....

"I didn't know Emerald got taken. I fell down trying to get to Vun, and couldn't get up for a bit. Damn. We've gotta get her back."

Noticing the Guild mistress, Meemar turns to her.

"What seems to be the problem, cousin?"
    Kalei
    Admin

Post  Kalei on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am

Kalei sighs. "Yes, we have to get Emerald back. That's what's wrong." She shakes her head. "I'm sorry everyone..I'm upset that the Priory took her and I'm very worried. I don't want to think what...*shakes her head a bit violently, as if to clear an horrible image from her mind* We need to defeat the Priory, next Gather. We have to get Emerald out of their hands and stop them once and for all."

Alexander

Post  Alexander on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 pm

"Now, you know that I usually am happy and content with simply hanging back and being the meatshield, but the past few months I have actually been paying half attention.

From what I have picked up, the priory needs only 1 or 2 mercy marked, something to do with them having the magical essence of the guy that gave them the mark to begin with. The essence or whatever the mages call it, is supposed to be used by the priory to put magnus into a body on this plane. From here then magnus supposedly is going to launch his grand attack on the death plane to overthrow grim...the guy in charge of the death plane and then take over everything else. Pretty bad stuff if you ask me, which is why I think getting Emerald back should be the top priority at the moment.

Now for the star king. I only know he is bad business and has agents actively working to rebuild his power base and then of course retake the Oasis including shadowmoor. Those of us old battle healers are marked by fate to supposedly stop this since we failed the first time, though Rax has stated we can use everyone and not just the old battle healers to find a map that will lead to some sort of place that is where the agents of the star king are supposedly rebuilding his power and where we can stop him."
    Kalei
    Admin

Post  Kalei on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Kalei finishes toweling off her wet hair and nods to Alexander. "In regard to the Star King, is there anything I can help you and the other old Battle Healers with on this? Potions, healing backup, *ghost of a smile* harsh language?"

Alexander

Post  Alexander on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:10 am

"Thank you for the offer Kalei. I am sure Rax will want to get as many together as he can to go find the map. Last time we tried, we were overwhelmed by a lot of undead. Plus the more merrier is what I say."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 pm