Shadowmoor Healers Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'

+5
Ava
Vun (Randy)
Alexander
Shine
Emerald
9 posters

Emerald approaches

Emerald
    Emerald

Emerald approaches - Page 3 Empty Re: Emerald approaches

Post  Emerald Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:43 pm

"What about Kaven?"
    Vun (Randy)
    Vun (Randy)

Post  Vun (Randy) Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm

who? never heard of him/her?
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 pm

"He was the stand-in High Druid before Serat. He may be in the Deep Grove somewhere, that's where we were told to contact him before."
    Vun (Randy)
    Vun (Randy)

Post  Vun (Randy) Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:48 pm

this is all news to me. I have no means to contact the deep grove. I guess I am too low on the totem pole to have such knowledge.
    Vun (Randy)
    Vun (Randy)

Post  Vun (Randy) Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Azin is not coming
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:58 pm

"Very well, I will speak with Asher unless anyone has an alternative.

Well, we'll do what we can. If we have to wait for Serat, I guess that is what we will do.

Kalei, do you know if Deacon has spoken to the Council of Mages yet? Also, do you think you could get any useful information out of the plane of Life?

Does anyone know of any other resources we could get information from?"
    Vun (Randy)
    Vun (Randy)

Post  Vun (Randy) Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:00 pm

My buddies the fish people/ islanders might no something, but i am not sure how do get in touch with them.
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:04 pm

"I doubt they could help us with this kind of magic because it's so planar based."
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Alexander turns to the group discussing their next move.

"Well, I know I am just an ol warrior here, but if you want information, why not wait til the priory comes calling as they usually do, beat them down, and drag 1 or 2 of them into one of the guild halls that have a ward, first aid the guy, and then give them truth potions or cast a truth spell and start asking questions. I am sure one of the necromancers that come by would have at least some knowledge on what to do with the heart or how the heart fits into it all. At least we could get some idea of the rituals involved, since they would have some planar knowledge on the subject in question."
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 pm

"Unfortunately the limitation of a truth spell or potion is that it does not force them to answer the question, now if they choose to, then yes we could get something out of them but I can guarantee that they will not be cooperative.

What Necromancers would you be referring too and who gave you the impression that it would ever be acceptable to parley with one instead of destroying them?"
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Shaking his head, Alexander turns to Emerald....

"Well if a truth spell or potion wouldn't work, what about a friendship spell or a charm spell....to think about it, would a love potion work?"

The past gathers, there has been usually 1 big warrior, and then 2 necromancers with him. I have seen it the other way, but that is beside the point. Suffice it to say, when you see fear spells start flying around, on top of doom spells, you quickly learn which ones are necromancers.

As far a parlaying with a necromancer...of course I wouldn't...we would have to beat them down and simply first aid them back up to begin with, which would leave them defenseless. I figure there would be someone from the druids grove here to supervise of course, but since no one here really knows about chaos and the dark arts, what better way to find out than from a necromancer.....its not like they will be surviving afterwards, we can always turn them over to the druids grove or kill them when done. Even if you let them go, whoever they are working for will kill them for blabbing, or do worse. In this situation I would call it a win/win...though as you have said, truth magic won't exactly work."
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:16 am

"Alexander, what does the term Necromancer mean to you?"
    Karn
    Karn

Post  Karn Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 am

Karn walks over to Alexander and puts his hand on Alexander's shoulder

"Necromancers are to be killed on sight. And whats to say that town would not suffer the repercussions when one gets captured and all his buddies come looking for him?"
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 pm

"Necromancers are those that use the dark magics, aka, necormatic magics and reversals of earth magic in order to benefit their own power and control over the planes of death and chaos....
    Normally I would kill any I see, in which I do, but under the circumstances we find ourselves in, if there are no other way to get the information we need, then like any other criminal, you interogate them, not torture, to find out any useful information and then kill them. I am not condoning going up to any necromancer and simply talking with them, I am just suggesting a course of action, that treads on a very fine line without breaking the law."

Turning to Karn, Alexander shakes his head, "Repercussions? If done right, there wouldn't be any time for his buddies to do anything about it. Though if we couldn't get reliable information, then of course we wouldn't interrogate them and just kill them as normal."
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:10 pm

"Ok, now I see the confusion. The Priory are not Necromancers, they are vengeance tainted. They serve Death and Chaos but like most creatures who are dedicated to Life, Death, Chaos or Law, they despise Necromancy for the abomination that it is."
    Vun (Randy)
    Vun (Randy)

Post  Vun (Randy) Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:11 pm

I must meet with the grove before the gather iwill return before the high moon.
    Emerald
    Emerald

Post  Emerald Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm

"I need to locate the others who may be coming I will return as well."

Emerald moves to the door, waits for someone to lower the wards, and heads in the direction of the Armorsmith's Guildhall.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:13 am