Shadowmoor Healers Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'

3 posters

Alphonse approaches the outer ward...

Alphonse
    Alphonse

Alphonse approaches the outer ward... Empty Alphonse approaches the outer ward...

Post  Alphonse Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:58 am

And calls out for De Sala to cycle the wards. Once inside, he walks to his normal bunk, shuffling through his things, placing things within his robe, turning about, pacing about the Healer's Guild, looking for any signs of Orianna. Finding that she doesn't seem to be around, he continues pacing about the guild, not seeming to be looking for anything in particular, but seems almost frantic.
    Orianna
    Orianna

Alphonse approaches the outer ward... Empty Re: Alphonse approaches the outer ward...

Post  Orianna Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Orianna pokes her head out from the back, tilting her head at his current state. "Hi, Alphonse!" she greets cheerfully. "Are you alright? You seem a bit.... uhm.... well, you seem a little distraught."
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Alphonse approaches the outer ward... Empty Re: Alphonse approaches the outer ward...

Post  Alphonse Mon May 02, 2011 9:56 am

Almost startled, but too deep in thought to even express fear, Alphonse turns he eyes upon Orianna. He bows in greeting then approaches her.

"Orianna, wonderful to see you. I didn't know if you were here or not. With the front and all, I knew that you have been helping the knights. However, there is something more... personal and important to discuss."

If she looked closely, she would see traces of blood upon his nose and upper lip.

"What do you know of a dark man who bares the symbol of Akidai? Refers to seers as 'thought stealers'?"
    Orianna
    Orianna

Post  Orianna Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 am

She reaches into her bag and pulls out a little pink cloth. She hands it to him then sighs. "Depends," she says after a moment. "I haven't heard that particular term before, but I've made 'friends'.....and I use the term loosely...with two of the council members from Akidai. I'm guessing you were scrying when you met him?"
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Mon May 02, 2011 10:44 am

Taking the cloth, he realizes what it was for and quickly, yet gently, cleans the remainder of blood from his nose.

"I wasn't scrying. That's the thing..."

He gazed down to his orb, then back to her.

"I was in the tavern, then looked down to my orb, and a figure had appeared within it. A dark man, bearing the symbol of Akidai. His words were this. To let you know, that your immortality only protects your body, not your mind. And that in a few days... from what it sounded like, it would around the time of the next gather... he'll be visiting you... in your dreams. And as he finished, he spoke, 'and as a symbol of my good intentions' and held up his hand, a flash within my mind, blood flowing slightly from my nose, and a headache within my head."

His panicked state slowly began to fade during his words, as slowly, his voice became more serious and strangely calm. His eyes were focused on Orianna.

"As your ally, friend, and also Guild Second, I am highly concerned with this appearance... Nothing has ever come through my orb without me scrying, unless it is Kumori speaking with me... But she has been there, even before I arrived in Shadowmoor, so it is most likely unrelated, to my knowledge. However, the matter at hand is this. He wants you. For what, I do not know. But I will not let harm come to you. I have stood strong as Acting Guildmaster in your absence, and I will stand strong at your side as Guild Second. I do apologize for my own absence in recent moons, for I was training with Kalei in Docksides, and ended up finding myself busied with studies and such, however, I intend to be in town. Unless the winds of Fate guide my soul away, I will be here."
    Orianna
    Orianna

Post  Orianna Mon May 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Orianna's smile was humorless and a shadow darkened her normally cheerful face. "I really appreciate your concern, and I am so sorry that he got to you. Really, if he wants to get me, he won't stop until it happens. He's one of the most powerful -- if not the MOST powerful -- master seer I've ever met, and that's saying something. As a master myself, it should be at least a little easier to get away from his tricks, but he's able to cast through visions. He let you off easy because he wanted you to get me the message....believe me, it's a lot better than some of the messages he's sent to me himself. Those four imbue deaths still make me feel dirty."

She shuddered a little. "But now because you're on his radar, I do have some requests..well, more like guidelines, if you will, to keep him away from you. I've got....help... that can take the heat off me for a little while, but that protection can't extend to anyone else. Don't cast seeing rituals more than once a day, and DO NOT under any circumstances cast them without me in the room with you. He's got a lock on all of the Seers in Shadowmoor, but if I'm there, he will pay attention to me while you do what you have to do in the ritual. We had a little party like that last Gathering. Not fun, believe me, and you don't want him to eat your face like he almost ate mine."

"Regardless, I'm sorry for what may or may not happen this Gathering. I've been attracting more and more really bad stuff lately. Mostly dirty necromancers, and it's endangered a lot of people. You'll notice the change in security details around here once the Gathering starts. I'm not allowed to be alone ever, and since it's May, it's going to be doubly bad. I hate May. Bad stuff always happens in May."
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Tue May 03, 2011 10:16 am

Alphonse gazed upon her as she spoke then once finished, he nodded, closing his eyes.

"The winds shall bless those who allow them to sail, not the hands of the flesh."

He opened his eyes gazing back at her.

"I understand your care and concern. And I understand the gravity of attempting to protect those around you, the feelings you must have... However, I am a young elf, but I have still lived in this world for quite some time. I took on an oath, not spoken nor written, but of Life. That oath was to Kalei, as much as it is to you, to serve and protect my Guild. The fact of the matter is this, I answer to you, so I will follow your requests... However, I am not going to ignore this, or allow it to happen..."

His eyes grew cold, a deep darkness within them. An expression, almost similar to that of insanity appeared across his face. However, he wasn't smiling, but the gaze seemed as if it could penatrate any barrier.

"To know that this being, is one that dares deny rest to the spirits of the body... Heh... No such being shall survive... Not one that dares harm my Guildmistress. And not just my Guildmistress, but my friend, my ally, my brethern. There are those that dare use such dark arts, who believe they are above all things, but no one takes time to think. Necromancers feast upon the souls of the dead, in order to give themselves power... But I, a healer, a seer, and so much more... Shall feast upon the Necromancers, feeding their lifeforce to the winds of Fate, and let them see the pain that they have inflicted upon so many others... "

For a moment he gazed to his orb.

"I understand... Perhaps you will... I do not know... We shall see in time, Kumori..."

Looking back to Orianna, his gaze continued, dark, hollow, and within, flames of darkness burning in signs of his anger.
    Cassette
    Cassette

Alphonse approaches the outer ward... Empty Cassette cycles the wards,...

Post  Cassette Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 pm

...hopping onto the porch, slowing her run, and trying to catch her breath as she opened the door and stepped inside. She walks over to her bed, grabs the note she had left, and folds it, crushes it into a ball, and slides it into her pouch. She quietly looks up at the conversation she had walked into, and steps closer.

"Alphonse?" She quietly approaches him, but stays a bit back, distancing herself by a couple feet, biting on her lower lip in thought, a look of worry on her face, and easily visible in her stance. Her hands rest in front of her, clasped tightly, her cheeks a bit pink from running, and emotions.

She doesn't say anything, her eyes speaking for her-showing all of, if not more concern than is visible already.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm