Shadowmoor Healers Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadowmoor Healers Guild

'Heal the living and put the undead to rest.'

3 posters

Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild.....

peachmarine87

Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild..... Empty Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild.....

Post  peachmarine87 Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:55 am

is a creature that very few have seen. Its skin is red with chaos lines. It also has horns that are hidden beneath a hood. He walks up to the outer ward of the healers guild. He is holding a long sword and a shield, but you can tell he has other weapons on him. He waits quietly until someone notices him.
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild..... Empty Re: Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild.....

Post  Alphonse Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:23 am

Hearing footsteps approach, Alphonse stands, tying his orb back on his side and lowers the inner ward stepping onto the porch.

"Greetings, may I assist you?"
    peachmarine87

Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild..... Empty Re: Walking towards the outer ward of the healers guild.....

Post  peachmarine87 Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:26 pm

"greetings, I am looking for a knight by the name of Sir Alexander. We met a few days ago in the tavern and he told me to come by the healers guild if i needed anything. If he is not here then could you please tell me where I could find him before the gather"
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 pm

"Ah well, to my knowledge he is not here. If he is not in the tavern in town, he will most likely be at the Order compound which is due east. It is a large farm with many buildings, a rather hard thing to miss. I'm sure it might also be possible for him to show up here, so if you would rather wait for him here, I will certainly let you in."

He smiled politely, gesturing to the buildings as he said them, then gliding his hand to gesture to the door as he finished speaking.
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 pm

"well thank you young one. I think that I will wait for him here, as long as I can come and go out of this place, if that would be acceptable by you and the others in there. I have a thing with being to close to certain objects and people for too long, if you understand where I am coming from."

After he is done talking he puts his weapon away and puts his shield on his back. " you dont seem like the kind of person that would attack me in this place" he adds after stowing his things away.

Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Alphonse bowed and nodded.

"I certainly would not attack without cause. This is, as you know, the healer's guild. We usually try to help instead of rend."

He cycles the outer ward then speaks in a cold tone.

"However, those of Necromancy will find themselves in a much different position."

He shakes his head his emotion returning to bright and polite.

"Ah well, if you would like to sit down, we have places within. And as long as you present no harm, I do not believe the guardians will bother you. Of course, if you'd prefer the air, I can certainly provide you with a seat from inside out here. We can watch for Sir Alexander out here as well."
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:10 am

"Well aren't you helpful. But you have nothing to worry about from me. My kind cant learn the ways of necromancy, for we are celestial beings. To learn necromancy for us is impossible, as is learning any kind of 'earth magics'."

As the ward goes down he steps onto the porch. he continues to speak " It is not that I am scared of healing magics, it jut takes a certain type of healing to get me back to combat form."

He pulls of his traveling cloak and you see many different types of weapons on his belt. He also pulls his hood back so you can see his face completely " You see I am a fendari, and my name is Henri. I have trav3lled far and wide across this vast land in search of a way to get back to my clan. We are from a little known place, and I cant seem to get back there, no matter what formal ritual I have tried already. I have heard stories of a place called Shadowmoor, and until about a week ago I thought I would never find this place."
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:37 am

Alphonse listens and nods, his face relaxing a bit after hearing that the being was incapable of Necromancy. He smiled, speaking after he was finished.

"I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I, myself, have been cut off from my people before. I am a Sampan, you see, and due to certain circumstances, I was shunned from my ship for a time. I came here in search of my sister, who I knew departed at these docks. Unfortunately, troubles arose and I felt it safe to depart back home. This first time I came here, I had no direction, but upon my return, I have new resolution to prove that I control my own winds and that I may even prove well enough to have my own ship."

His eyes showed great determination and certainly, high hopes in his dreams was in his voice. His tone turned serious as he spoke.

"I try to be as helpful as possible. Before, I was helpful cause I thought I was required to, and I got in the way. But now, I help because I want to. I want to show my family and my clan that I can be as good as a captain. So, if you are staying in town, and you need any assistance, I will be happy to help. I am a seer and a healer-in-training, so if it involves trying to see beyond the natural world, or perhaps a minor injury you need help with, then I can certainly try to be of help."
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:18 am

" Troubles, i don't have any troubles. I am merely trying to get back so I can destroy my clan, for they betrayed me. It sounds as if you are the one with so much trouble. Trying to find your sister and get a ship of your own. Although I do not see the need for a ship there are more effective ways of traveling. What is a healer-in-training? I have not heard of someone needing training before to learn the magical ways. We fendari are born with the natural gift to control the elements. Excuse me for asking so many questions, for I am new to this whole area and way of living. Most of my life until now I have either been surrounded by my own kind or wandering alone in this world. What does a sampan do? And as a seer do you tell the future or merely read the past and predict the future?"
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:48 am

Bowing his head quickly, grimaced a bit.

"My deepest apology, Henri. I was foolish to assume that it was a trouble to be away from your home."

He raised his head.

"My race isn't born with gifts of magic. We, like many other races, have to learn it steadily. I have already found my sister, but alas, she is on her own and I'm just an overprotective brother. As for obtaining a ship, Sampan regard land as a rather hostile place. Ancient lore speaks of how we were once Surface Elves, but we left the lands. Nothing is written on why exactly. Ever since that time, thousands of years ago, we have lived at sea, never returning to land. The sea gives us everything. Our food, our clothes, our weapons... So being at sea, captain of one's own ship is quite a social standing in our race. The captain is much like the leader of a tribe or guild, and thus looked up to and obeyed. But to be a captain, one must prove one's self. Many do this by taking a journey on land, to prove that they are not destined for failure. As for my seeing abilities, I can predict the future in the casting of dice or gazing into my orb. Of course, I scryed less than a moon ago, and thus my orb's energy is still in need of a complete recovery so I cannot ensure you a vision."
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:05 am

Wearing a broken breastplate and looking a little tired, Sir Alexander walks up to the ward as De Sala takes her time lowering it and raising it for him.

"Greetings Alphonse and Henri. How are you two doing today?" says Sir Alexander as he finds himself a seat and plops down tired from the road.
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:30 am

Alphonse bows in greeting.

"Ah, Sir Alexander, welcome. Would you like something to drink? I'm sure I have something from within my supplies. Henri was looking for you actually. I was speaking to him of my kind."

Alphonse smiles another carefree smile waiting for a response from either.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am

"No thank you Alphonse. I am well hydrated, just wore out from all the running around and work. Freaking orcs jumped me and bashed in my breastplate before I decapitated them. I think it is time to retire the old plate. Sorry I didn't mean to interupt your discussion. I like to hear about the races of the Oasis. Helps me figure out what the hell is going on with the planes for the past few years. I swear if I have to stop another invasion from the moral planes I am going to scream. You don't see the Elemental planes invading, but then technically they are already here, but I won't get into that discussion, but still, people need to stay in their own planes if possible."

Turning to Henri, "Well my friend. It is good to see you again. How can I be of service?"
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Listening to Alphonse talk about his race. "Sounds like you know how you need to get where you want to go. You want to be a captain of a ship, although if every one of your kind is a captain would there not be way to many ships and no crew to move them?"

Seeing Sir Alexander come through the ward. He lets Alphonse and Alexander speak to each other and waits until the knight turns to him.

speaking to Sir Alexander " I have just returned from a little journey from a little camp not to far from here. It looks as though the people died not to long ago. They were a humongous people, I'd say about 7-8 feet tall. I do not know if i was breaking any of your laws whilst being there, but I came across a forge and some iron ore. I have the ore now put away safely in my home, I could not move the forge, which is behind 3 different wards and other protections at the moment. Also what is this talk about the planes coming here and bothering you? If you need help taking out elemental planes I can assist you, I know more about them than any person you will find here, as I have lived on them all."
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Listening to Henri's description and knowledge, Sir Alexander starts to rub his temples.

"Hmm, I am not familiar with these "giants" I guess you could call them. The only Armorsmiths I have knowledge of are mainly human and the dwarfs of Aragon. I do not think you broke any laws. Finders keepers is the norm around here so the ore is yours. I am not knowledgable concerning ward magics. I usually leave that to my friend Rax or the Healers and Druids. If you wish I can ask around and get someone to pop the wards if you want to pay for the costs. I think it takes a simple celestial formal or something to pop the wards.

As for the planes, I thought you of all would know the chaos they are in at present. There are portals opening and closing all over the Oasis. We have had forces of Chaos, Death, and Order actually mount attacks upon the material plane due to these portals. There are several mages I guess you would call them, that have been running around the Oasis under the Great Druid's guidance trying to close the portals as quickly as they can.
    The elemental planes are quiet. I have not seen them causing problems as of yet. I doubt they will, since they are more neutral in trying to take over planes than the moral planes are. Your knowledge will be needed most assuredly though, you can count on that."

peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:09 pm

"The 'giants' I am speaking of once surrounded this entire town, I had to do some quick thinking and talk my way out of slavery from them. Well you could call it thinking, mainly i just blew them off this plane and right into Lord Grimm's hands. As for the wards, I do not wish for them to be destroyed, they are protecting my home. If they were destroyed then I would have to put them back up, and that is very time consuming. And yes I have had a feeling that the planes would come to fighting. Mostly the elemental planes have been in a 'normal' state ever since the Great Elemental War between my kind and the arcane. And if you need to know anything about the planes and how they act, then you can call on me at any time. I have fought on both sides for the elemental beings and against them, so I have a profound knowledge of how they are."

With finishing up that statement Henri lifts up his sleeve and you see 4 different lines going up his arm. "Earth wind water and fire are all represented here, because I have fought on all planes for both good and evil". After you see it Henri puts his sleeve down.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Sir Alexander takes a long look at the markings and nodds in approval.

"Very nice markings. I only got this jewel for my service to the Earth plane." says Alexander as he pulls out a small pink heart shaped stone and hands it to Henri.

"The Earth Avatar placed the jewel on my face when I was chosen to serve as the planar champion for Earth. It said the jewel was a blessing from its Primarch. I have had it valued and studied, it is pretty much worthless. I keep it on me as a reminder of my service for the Earth plane and the destruction of the failed building of a necromancy plane.

Ah, those giants. Yes, they have been quite a pain in the ass for quite sometime. I think Mr. Evil King guy up North got pissed at us killing his orc army off last year, and has decided to invest not in conquest, but slavery it seems. Probably selling slaves to recover his coffers from his last failed attempt at invading the Oasis."
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Taking the small pink heart from Sir Alexander "looks very nice Sir, is there any magical qualities still left in it or did they go away after you destroyed the necromancy plane?"

He hands the stone back after looking at it for a couple of minutes.

"You know, while I have been traveling around this place I have heard so many talk about this evil king. Why do people not just go into his palace and destroy him? With as many people as I have seen in this town, you should not have a problem killing him and destroying his rein of terror. And I will be there if you decide to fight, because I still owe the slave guys something too."
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Taking the jewel, he places it back into his pocket as he gets comfortable in his chair.

"I have been told the energy is gone, so I take it the power left when the jewel and the browning of my face went away a few days after we destroyed the fledgling plane.

If I remember correctly the evil king is called the Tyrant King and honestly I do not know why we have not marched north and taken him down. It probably has something to do with his capital, being an impregnable fortress. We went through the town briefly using teleportation magics, on several occasions to get to the necromancy plane when it was forming and to fight off several of the Star King's attempts at coming back to this plane. We were very hard pressed those times, we fought greater undead and the like when we went through there.

You must remember Henri, most around here are still young and learning their own paths. Of those, the Oasis is very new here, only being around for 5-6 years at the most in Amroth. The Oasis just isn't that type of land. I doubt we would invade out of the borders, unless invaded first. You can ask the first batch of slavers...oh yeah, you can't they are all dead after we finished them off after the Siege of Aragon was lifted.

When the time comes, the slavers will be dealt with I can assure you. Your magic will be very valuable when the time comes."
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:01 am

"I forget how young the people around me are sometimes. I have seen the world grow and shrink and grow again, I have seen many birthed and die. I guess that is one good thing about being in touch with the elements so greatly, the only way for me to finally see Lord Grimm is if i die from combat related situations.
    I understand that most here are new and trying to find their own paths to what ever they wish, like your friend the sampan there. But if there is one thing that I have learned over my many years of being around, it is that there is a time for talk and a time for action. It seems to me that you and your kind have done all the talking you can to this 'tyrant king'. And as for the slavers, by the time you and your knights get into the battle there might not be enough slaver pieces for you to tell who is who. I know I might die, but I can always resurrect myself in my home"

Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:17 am

Alphonse stood there silently listening to them speak, some expressions on his face showing he was wondering about things but he didn't speak up. He removed the rice hat from his head, his ears perking back up, as he removed a bag from within his shirt pulling out three cubes and throwing them into the hat.

After the dice had settled within the hat, he pulled a black book from within his shirt as well and looked into it. Suddenly his facial expression became panicked, as he immediately placed the dice back into the bad, the book away and he pulled out a vial of salt, uncorking it, pouring a small amount into his hand and tossing it over his shoulder, muttering something under his breath.
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:46 am

After speaking to Sir Alexander, Henri looks at the sampan as he pulls his hat off and odes what ever it is he does. After seeing the panicked look on the sampan's face he takes a few steps back grabbing his one handed ax as he backs away. "what seems to be the matter young one?" he asks the sampan
    Alphonse
    Alphonse

Post  Alphonse Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 am

He places his hat back on his head, it tilted downward a bit.

"In response to the question, 'What does my future bode,' the dice spoke that I shall part with a loved one."

Lifting his hat a bit, he gazes solemnly across the field between the guilds and sighs lightly.

"I can only wonder who that might be."

He looked to Henri.

"Please do not be alarmed, this is but my own future."
    peachmarine87

Post  peachmarine87 Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43 am

"just scared me a little with the terror look. Usually when some one looks like that they have found out that something bad is going to happen, and I just wanted to be sure you were not going to attack me without me having a chance to defend myself." He sees that there is no immediate sign of danger and puts his ax away, and sits back down.
    Alexander

Post  Alexander Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:52 am

Sir Alexander just watches as Henri finally sits back down.

"Jumpy Henri?

I know things seem a little slow when it comes to taking care of the bigger issues, but they get taken care of one way or another. I have found through experience, that enemies are rarely that easy to beat. There is always some sort of magic involved, which means formal and pretty much means we stand around protecting several casters while they do the formal. Patience my red friend is needed now, while the rangers gain the information we need to actually stop the Tyrant King's plans."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:39 am